Last updated: May 31, 2022
2. Information Collection and Use
We use Personal Data, Corporate Data, Usage Data, and Cookies Data to provide and improve the Service. What data we collect and how we use that data are discussed below.
A. Types of Data Collected
“Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from a combination of information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). For an Individual User to use our Service, either the Individual User, or his/her company administrator, will provide us certain Personal Data to create a user account (“User Account”). This Personal Data includes:
- Business email
- Business phone
- Primary role at company
- Title at company
“Corporate Data” means data about a Corporate User that does not include Personal Data. When a Corporate User signs up to use the Service, generally through a company administrator, it will provide us certain data about the company. This Corporate Data includes:
- Company name
- Company address
- Company sector
- Company identifiers (e.g. ticker)
“Usage Data” is data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data may include statistical data, analytics, trends, and other usage information. Usage Data may also include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. Note that some Usage Data is considered Personal Data in some jurisdictions when that data can be used to identify you as an Individual User.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
B. Use of Data
We use the data we collect for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We do NOT sell your Personal Data.
Data that is Not Personal Data
We may create aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data from the Personal Data, Corporate Data, Usage Data, and Cookies Data we collect including by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to a particular user. We may use such aggregated, de-identified or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze, build and improve the Service and promote our business, provided that we will not share such data in a manner that could identify you.
Cookies & Web Beacons
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on your web browser and that can be retrieved at a later time. Cookies are used to tell our server that you have returned to use our Service. When you return to our Service, a cookie provides information and allows us to display selected settings and relevant content. Cookies also store information such as registration or login credentials, and user preferences.
Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Diagnostics. We use Diagnostics for logging, diagnostic, and performance metric purposes.
- Telemetry Data. We use Telemetry Data to determine the success of email campaigns.
As mentioned under Cookies Data, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based upon your use of the Service or your enquiries to us about the Service (unless you have opted not to receive such information). You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time by using the “unsubscribe” feature at the bottom or our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the U.K. GDPR
We may use your Personal Data because:
- We need to process the data to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We need to process the data for a business purpose, to pursue our legitimate interests, and such interests are not overridden by your rights
- We need to process the data to comply with the law
A. Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
D. Disclosure of Data
Interacting on the Network
When your User Account is established, either by you or your company administrator, some Personal Data, such as your name, company and business contact information, may be accessible to other Individual Users and Corporate Users of the Service. This access allows you to interact with other Individual Users and Corporate Users of the Service network and is a key feature of the Service. If you do not want this Personal Data shared with other Individual Users and Corporate Users, please contact your company administrator or refer to your applicable data protection rights in the section “Your Data Protection Rights.”
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, CorpAxe may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
CorpAxe may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of CorpAxe
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
C. Security of Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, and we use security safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Data. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, including certain technical and organizational measures, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
D. Your Data Protection Rights
In some jurisdictions, such as the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, you have certain data protection rights. We recognize and respect these rights and will take reasonable steps to allow you to review, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data, as detailed further below.
Note that you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your User Account settings section or by contacting your company administrator. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us at email@example.com to assist you. We may need to coordinate with your company administrator to carry out your request.
Under the law of some jurisdictions, including the European Union and the United Kingdom, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information corrected if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where CorpAxe relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Residents in the EEA and the U.K. also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
E. Service Providers
We use third parties to help us provide our Service and to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties (“Service Providers”) have contracted with CorpAxe and their access to Personal Data is limited to the terms of their agreement with us. They have access to your Personal Data only to perform specific tasks on our behalf. They are required to maintain the same level of confidentiality as CorpAxe. Further, they are prohibited from using your Personal Data for any purpose other than the purpose in our agreement with them.
Our Service Providers include those listed here.
We may use Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
F. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. Further, our Service Providers may transfer data to servers where they are located.
4. Link to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
5. Children’s Policy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
7. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting this page on our website: www.corpaxe.com
By mail: Finiato Inc., 19 West 21st Street, Suite 202, New York, NY 10010, United States
Finiato Inc © 2021